Sunday, March 9, 2008

Where am I ????

I don't know if you guessed from all my pictures, but I seem to be having entirely too much fun here. Japan just lends itself to SOOO much fun, its way to easy to get caught up in it. This isn't just because I'm a college student in a foreign country, Japan is doing this to me. Here is a list of reasons why Japan is making me forget about school and any other responsibilities I should have.


-Nomihoudai-All you can drink...what is that??
-Karaoke as cheap as 800yen for 8 hours
-Ability to easily travel to two amazing cities (Kyoto and Osaka) for about 300yen
-Drinking/being intoxicated in public is accepted (mostly) and legal.
-No designated driver necessary
-You encounter the most beautiful woman you've ever seen 5 times a day
-It is cheap to go out and eat, and eat well (as long as the food is Japanese)
-Beer vending machines...come on
-etc.

As you can see, Japan seems to be a country of entertainment. There is a lot of group oriented fun here. But this is just half of it - the other side is that Japan (and the Japanese) work entirely too hard. They have the most obscene work ethic I've ever encountered. Entertainment is just a means to sanity. But for us foreigners who lack the extreme dedication to work and work hard...this place is paradise

Just my $.02 - which is worthless right now due to the horrible conversion rate.



No comments: