Monday, April 14, 2008

携帯電話。アーサム

Hey hey,

Its time for a lesson on the greatest piece of technology ever invented. No, not the microwave or iron lung, I'm talking about Japanese cell phones. Japanese cell phones are not just the greatest piece of technology, they actually contain every piece of technology ever. I know what you may be thinking - "oh, the iphone can do just about anything. America has great cell phones too."...well, the iphone just came out, and the cell phones in Japan have been able to do internet, tv, email, etc. for years now. Just saying...

Well, last weekend, my friends and I were waiting for a club to open so we wanted to go to 7-11 to get some money. Hmmm..how do we find the closest 7-11 in the middle of Osaka? Oh, just use our Keitai (cell phone) to look up every 7-11 in the area. That easy.

Lets say you meet a fine young lady and you want to exchange information with her (hypothetically of course). Well, just use the infrared on your keitai to send your email, phone number, picture and any other profile information you want to send. Very Benri!

And of course Keitai have things like 5mega pixel cameras, television, radio, flash lights, and X-ray vision (only the X-ray vision is a lie). Its standard. I actually find the Japanese to English dictionary on my phone most useful. The fact that I can use my camera to scan Kanji and my phone tells me what it means is not too shabby either.

If you don't have a Japanese keitai, buy one. It won't work in America, but who cares. Just hang jewelry off of it!

No comments: