Friday, September 2, 2011

きれいな京都


Kyoto, unlike Tokyo, never disappoints me or steals my money. Kyoto is a fine whiskey that always goes down smooth. Kyoto is a gorgeous high school girl that can keep a secret...okay, its getting a little weird. My point is that Kyoto is still my favorite city in Japan.

Kyoto is absolutely beautiful. From the girls working at OPA, to the scenic views on the outskirts of the city, this place just reeks of sexiness. What I love the most is that you can see tons of cool temples, parks, and bars just by walking from Sanjo Station (on the Keihan Line) or Kawaramachi Station (Hankyu Line). From those stations, OPA mall, 3 clubs, and Shakey's Pizza are about a 5 minute walk. Kiyomizu Temple, Yasaka Shrine and Maruyama Park are about a 30 minute walk that is completely uphill.

Last week I hit up all of the above mentioned spots in just a few hours. The best place to relax after the long walk is right on the river. Grab a friend, some Chu-hai, and some Jyagariko and you've got yourself an evening.

Because Kyoto is so chill, there is always something going on by the river. This particular evening there was a dude dancing with fire while his friend slaved away on the bongos....I'm sure you can guess which one got the girls.

Try and dance without bongos, asshole.

I could write for days about Kyoto...so I think I will. Stay tuned.

No comments: