Friday, February 8, 2008

A Little Shoukai


Greetings,

My name is Jonathan Evans. I am an American ( I use this term quite loosely) who is living in the greatest country in the world - Japan.

More specifically, I am studying at Kansai Gaidai University, 関西外大. After living in Japan for 4 months, I have had some time to pick up on Japanese culture. This culture is far too complicated to pick up in 4 months, but I would like to offer some firsthand insight into life in Japan.

I will not go into too much detail now, but Japan is currently going through enormous change (by Japanese standards). Yet, I feel that some things in Japan may never change. Like I said before, this culture is extremely complicated....just stay tuned!

In the very near future, I will cover topics such as:

Japanese businesses
Fashion, ideas of beauty, kawaii culture
Host/Hostess clubs
Japanese morals and non-religion


No comments: